We’re looking for a Data Scientist to join our in-house Retail Data Team in Nottingham. You will be working, alongside data scientists and engineers, on researching and implementing novel techniques and methods in which data can be leveraged to inform the wider team and help guide product development.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing and analysing data to identify trends and causes of loss.
- Preparing weekly sales reporting and KPI reports for management team.
- Tracking and analysing direct business performance, identifying key risks and opportunities.
- Optimising pricing of virtual items to ensure maximum sales.
- Designing and running pricing, shop placement and advertising experiments to maximise sales.
- Tracking user behaviour and advising improvements to stores and items accordingly.
- Supporting business partners with various ad hoc tasks (promotion analysis, event tracking etc.)
- Ability to query databases accurately and efficiently using SQL
- Generally curious, open-minded about new technical ideas, and rigorous
- Very good English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-organised with excellent project management skills.
- Flexibility & the ability to learn new skills over time.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Previous data analysis experience in the retail or fashion industry
- Previous industry experience of driving and informing product development using data science tools
- Passion for games development and the data that is used in the industry