With 7 million monthly users, we're currently working on developing and improving the backend of Avakin Life. But we need more help! If you're a backend coder with experience with writing scalable code, distributed databases and using languages such as C/C++, Go, Lua or similar, we'd love to hear from you.
- Working as part of a small team on a highly scalable backend to provide message distribution and processing services, based on a bleeding-edge database and application server framework.
- Understanding requirements and implementing changes and new features appropriately.
- Creating integration tests, using version control competently and maintaining whatever minimal documentation is required for the broader team to understand how our services work.
Minimum two years experience developing backend systems for video games, gambling mobile applications, or working on other large-scale backend APIs.
- Experience working on highly-scalable backends/APIs.
- A working knowledge of C/C++ and experience of debug systems programming languages.
- Practical experience working with Linux.
- A good understanding of distributed databases.
- Ability to troubleshoot operational issues on systems under load and identify optimisation opportunities.
- Experience with Lua or Go would help but is not essential.
- A massive willingness to learn and expand your technical horizons.