We’re looking for an amazing junior UI artist to help with the redesign of, among other things, the icon system within Avakin Life. Deliver, with support, high quality UI assets, features and experiences from an ergonomic, aesthetic and technical perspective within the constraints of the project. This is a great opportunity for a graduate artist with an interest in 2D/UI art to gain experience within a studio responsible for TIGA’s most recent Game of the Year!
- Complete, with support, assigned tasks through any stages of the production process from conception through to final sign off.
- Track and update the progress of day to day tasks using the designated tracking tools.
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and consistency of work.
- Build relationships with Artists, Designers, Technical Artists and Programmers to facilitate effective collaboration during the asset production process.
- Implement and streamline the functionality and usability of assigned features.
- Participate in the sign off process and incorporate feedback into work.
- Respond quickly to changing requirements and feedback.
- Understand and work within the project UI art direction to ensure consistency throughout the work.
- Produce assets with basic optimisation in line with the technical requirements and conventions.
- Understand and follow best practices, production pipelines and workflows.
- Support the Lead UI Artist in any ad hoc tasks and duties.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good graphics design skills (e.g. Design, layout and typography).
- Awareness of current trends in visual communication is desirable.
- Basic motion graphics skills.
- Familiarity with data management software (such as Perforce) is desirable.
- Good working knowledge of industry standard 2D graphics applications (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, After Effects etc.).
- Knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of typical video game development processes is desirable.
- Exposure to industry game engines, design toolsets and production pipelines is desirable.
- Up to 1 years’ experience in an internship or placement year in a professional game studio environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphics Design, Art or other relevant training.
- Experience with 3D applications (e.g. Maya, 3DS Max etc.) would be advantageous.
- Proficiency in scripting (e.g. ActionScript, Python etc.) is desirable.