We are currently looking for Fashion Designer to join our Avakin Life retail department which creates a wide range of virtual products. You'll will be responsible for researching current fashion trends relevant to Avakin Life’s target audience and creating collections of virtual items, including clothing, dances, poses and furniture as overseen by the Brand Managers. They will also communicate with the rest of the retail team or offsite workers to ensure that their items are created as envisaged, and that the art quality is on brand and consistent.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with strong fashion knowledge to be able to work on collections for multiple brands with very different aims and audiences, without the physical limitations of traditional construction, fabrics or sourcing.
- Creating concept illustrations and or working drawings for our in-house 3D teams, and external vendors.
- Communicating feedback to our in-house artists and vendors on design briefs.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the products and brands that we create.
- Receive direction from Fashion Editor for new content collections, and ensure all designs are approved by them.
- Maintain real-world trends and fashion awareness.
- Constantly communicate with Producers and Fashion Editor on all the above.
- Self-organised and independent.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Illustration and design skills, with an emphasis on quality and consistency.
- An understanding of Microsoft Office, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Abobe photoshop and illustrator skills.
- Interest in furniture or interior decorating.
- Interest in dance.
- Background in fashion.
- Active interest in popular culture and trends.
- Active interest in apps and video games, including chat apps and life simulators.
- Experience in working in a virtual online game.
- Knowledge of agile development frameworks.
- Interest in games.