We are currently looking for a Head of Fashion to join our Avakin Life content department which creates a wide range of virtual products using the agile development framework. As Head of Fashion, you will be responsible for developing the vision of the inhouse brands as well as leading a team of creatives towards generating original content. Emphasis will be required on ensuring empirical metrics and sales data is used to drive nature and design of future projects. You will be leading creative sessions for project kick-offs whilst managing multiple developments, from the concepts, production to completion and establishing creative direction within the company. You protect the integrity of design and brand image through strong and communicative collaborations working with different departments including marketing, where suggestive input would be required for the brands release strategy, with each collection.
The successful candidate will provide a holistic visualisation for our various brands here at Avakin Life, bringing a consistency to our goal of creating commercially original and themed based content to our game. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with strong fashion knowledge to be able to work on collections for multiple brands with very different aims and audiences, whilst bringing expertise, stimulus and thought leadership to all creative disciplines.
- Content Idea Generation/Management.
- Leading and managing the existing small team of fashion designers.
- Leading data decisions based on historical sales analysis.
- Marketing and Branding Awareness, ensuring brand consistency across all virtual styles, from basics to luxury fashion.
- Constantly maintain upcoming content collections across all of our projects.
- Ensure that empirical metrics and sales data is used to drive the nature and design of future products.
- Pitch ideas for new content based on current popular culture throughout all areas of the product.
- Quality Control.
- Monitor production by internal and external artists and provide artistic direction feedback.
- Suggest input for the marketing strategy for our various releases to fit the design of the collection.
- Pay constant attention to the wider market, including direct competition and developments across all platforms.
- Maintain a strong awareness of real-world trends and fashion.
- Monitor user feedback and suggestions.
- Awareness of wider market and competitors.
- Constantly communicate with Producers and Content leads.
- Self-organised and independent.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Art direction skills, with an emphasis on quality and consistency.
- An understanding of Microsoft Office, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Background in fashion or fashion retail buying.
- Active interest in popular culture and trends.
- Active interest in apps and video games, including chat apps and life simulators.
- Working experience with, JIRA, Trello, Perforce or SVN.
- Experience with outsourcing or working with remote teams.
- Interest in furniture or interior decorating.
- Interest in dance.