Want to work on one of the most popular social titles on iOS and Android? We are looking for an experienced and talented designer to join our growing team of developers. This is a great opportunity for someone with a background in mobile free-to-play game design who is looking for an exciting new challenge.
- Own and guide the development of features planned on our roadmap
- Understand the impact of your decisions on revenue, retention and other business needs
- Collaborate with our interdisciplinary teams to design and prototype new gameplay and other user centric features
- Discuss your ideas with designers and managers at other Lockwood studios to ensure they fit the wider Avakin roadmap
- Work closely with the community and brand teams to ensure new features meet the expectations of Avakin players
- Test newly implemented features to ensure they meet your design, and iterate until they feel 'right'
- Help decide which trade offs to make to make features fit within tight memory, performance or development time constraints
- Help the Leads to schedule and plan features and the future roadmap
- Must have worked on at least one successful F2P mobile title
- Experience and understanding of the constraints of multi-player games
- Ability to take ownership of deliverables and drive them through the production process from first idea to refining live features.
- Work well with a variety of teams and disciplines across multiple sites.
- Have high quality standards for game design
- Excellent written and verbal communication; must be able to communicate complex things clearly and concisely
- Desire to guide and grow multiple feature teams.
- Good organisational skills
- Experience with user generated content (e.g. character editors, etc)
- Experience of the Unity3D engine
- UI & UX design experience
- Created and published your own mobile games
- MMO development experience
- Experience of coding / scripting
- Excellent knowledge of F2P game mechanics and loops, monetisation and retention.
- Excellent knowledge on New User Journey and on-boarding/ sign up
- Experience tuning gameplay based on results of metrics/analytics
- Experience in a Continuous Delivery environment, working on a live product
- Familiarity with Agile development practices
- Experience working on multi-platform projects and how to tune features to the strengths/weaknesses of each platform
- Experience tuning game camera systems