We're looking for an awesome Senior User Researcher to join us at Lockwood!
You'll be accountable for leading all user research capabilities within the organization and you'll help develop new capabilities as needed. In addition to supporting UX and product development, you'll support the Marketing and Country Management functions. User Research is a strategic capability providing critical data for our business teams. While there will certainly be inputs from the Creative and UX/Product Directors, you will also need to be looking outward to the businesses to make sure that we are working with a consumer-centric and insights driven mind set for the business to make informed decisions in creating an astonishing product that meet our standards.
You'll help -
- Enhance and expand existing user research techniques and practices to obtain in-depth knowledge and usable insights about current and future customer behaviours and expectations.
- Advise senior leadership on and advocate for solutions that support both end-user goals and long-term product visions and business strategies.
- Advance our ability to effectively communicate research insights in ways that make them easily accessible and actionable by various stakeholders, such as through visual information design.
- Develop deep understanding and empathy for our target customers through a mixture of new or best practices.
- Contribute to an innovative and consumer-driven culture by teaching research curricula, so teams can learn the right way to conduct their own studies and gain insights about their customers, when appropriate.
- Measure the impact of research for our category teams using industry best practices and measurement tools.
As we continue to transform Avakin Life into a consumer-centric insight driven experience, you'll play an important role in influencing large programs and presenting the highest levels of leadership. This will require a high degree of interaction at various levels of the organization, first helping build the right capabilities and culture and then representing User Research and the insights gained across the organization.
- Working closely with management and product owners, you will help establish a consumer-centric culture and how we drive data insights into our daily work.
- This individual will also play an important role in creating a strong consumer centric culture within Product Design, UI, UX and Marketing.
- Defining best practices and tools for the User Research organization
- Establishing and maintaining the functional budget, along with finance
- A strong organizational leader with the ability to build and mature a world class research function
- Strong leadership and presentation skills representing User Research across the organization to the executive level
- Well-connected within their discipline with a passion for continuous improvement and open to trying new ways of working and teaching the organization how to become a consumer-centric and insights driven culture
- Highly collaborative demonstrating that they work as “One-Team” with their peers.