We are looking for a QA Feature Coordinator to join our Development QA team at Lockwood Publishing. We will value someone who’s responsible, kind, and trustworthy. You will have the opportunity to develop your skills, work alongside a lovely bunch of people, and take ownership of your tasks and responsibilities. Lockwood Publishing has been steadily growing as a company year-on-year offering chances for career growth, and with a multitude of perks such as flexi-time, Lockwood is a great environment to develop as a professional. We are dedicated to Avakin Life, a mobile app with a strong social component. Both Avakin and Lockwood are constantly evolving which makes working on this particular title a truly interesting experience.
The QA team is at the forefront of the development process, verifying the developer’s work in order to provide the best experience to our users. As a QA Feature Coordinator you will identify & remove obstacles from the testing pipeline, provide constructive feedback on testing documentation to members of the QA team, and work closely with the Test Lead. Your input will be highly valued and you will have the opportunity to work closely with other departments including the production and development teams.
This is a fantastic opportunity to further your QA career at a growing, independent game studio, so if this sounds like something you’d be excited to do, get in touch.
- Collaborate with Test Lead & QA Manager to ensure adequate test coverage and improve the workflow to ensure that all feature testing is performed to the highest standard.
- Provide constructive feedback alongside the Test Lead on feature test briefs and test cases to members of the in-house QA team.
- Handle user-impact, blocker, and high risk issues; analyse, report, then escalate as appropriate.
- Interface with other in-house QA, the Outsourced QA team as well as development, art, and management team members involved in specific areas of the game on a daily basis.
- Organise and review testing by other in-house and/or outsourced testers together with the Test Lead & QA Manager.
- Update and maintain Testing documentation as well as a large number of existing test cases across multiple test suites.
- Participate in various meetings to offer updates on QA progress and learn about the progress of other teams involved in said meetings.
- Triage & track the state of developer requests to make certain they are completed in a timely manner.
- Turn user reports and developer requests into Outsource-friendly instructions, and provide support to our outsource QA teams on a daily basis.
- Update the customer support team on the state of user reported issues, and triage recently logged issues with the support team.
- Verify that all developer requests and outstanding issues are complete, and sign off from Production prior to custom builds being merged into the master branch.
- At least two years in a QA position in Mobile or Console.
- Strong ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment and to meet givendeadlines.
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills and the ability to work as part of ateam.
- Experience with creating Checklists, Test-Cases, and Action Plans, and usingassociated tools such as Test-Rail, JIRA, or any similar tools.
- Previous experience with issue tracking databases such as JIRA, Hansoft, DevTrack,Mantis etc.
- Strong knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Strong understanding of Software Quality Assurance Concepts, Processes, andTroubleshooting Procedures.
- Ability to identify risks and escalate to applicable stakeholders.
- Interest and knowledge of mobile platforms inc. Amazon, Google Play, and Apple.
- Previous experience with black-box testing.
- Keen eye for detail.
- Desirable, but not essential skills:
- Experience working in the games industry.
- Experience with leading a small team of Testers.
- Experience with Social and/or Mobile games.
- Knowledge of the Freemium business model, and monetization methods.